Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Brooklyn Label

Brooklyn Label's hot chocolate isn't the densest or chocolatiest in town, but it holds a special place in my heart. Whenever I am in Greenpoint, I want to go to Brooklyn Label for a hot chocolate, and this holds doubly true on rainy, contemplative days like this one.


As you can see, their menu includes four types of hot chocolate. I approve of this because any place that bothers to distinguish among hot chocolates is a place that takes its hot chocolates appropriately seriously.

I always have trouble deciding which one to get. I like marshmallows. I like whipped cream. I like orange zest. But I like cinnamon most of all, so that's the one I always choose. Someday I would like to know what the Brooklyn Cocoa tastes like. But I am too much a creature of habit.


Brooklyn Label makes their hot chocolates in an espresso machine, using real cocoa. It's spicy, it's frothy, it's hot, it's comforting, it's chocolate. On a rainy day, what more do you need?

BOTTOM LINE: Subtle flavors, excellent texture. Good for the casual hot chocolate fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment