Monday, October 22, 2012

Starbucks Double Chocolaty Chip Frappuccino


The first time I drank one of these, I was 20 years old and my friend Virginia was working as a Starbucks barista. I don’t drink coffee--in fact, I don’t consume any sort of caffeine, with the exception of chocolate (which I consume rigorously enough that it makes up for all the coffee that I’m not drinking). Virginia made me a double chocolate frappucino, and I was convinced that she’d snuck coffee into it and was trying to caffeinate me. To what end, I couldn’t tell you.

Fortunately, Virginia had not spiked my beverage, and that was how I discovered my favorite Starbucks drink. If you’ve never ordered one of these because you have been too focused on your coffee, I’ll tell you about it: it’s blended milk, ice, chocolate syrup, and chocolate chips, with whipped cream on top. It’s as close as you’re going to come to an iced hot chocolate when you’re on the go. And it’s a refreshing drink on a hot day when a milkshake seems too heavy, or simply too hard to find. A Starbucks, as we all know, is never hard to find.

BOTTOM LINE: If you’re at an airport or a shopping center and the only available restaurants are chains, this may well be your best, chocolatiest beverage option.

No comments:

Post a Comment