Sunday, October 14, 2012

Li-Lac

Li-Lac is a well-known, New York-based chocolatier that completely deserves its reputation.  While they have a West Village location, I generally shop at the Grand Central store out of convenience (it's in the Market on the main level).  I work in Midtown, and being able to get high quality, old fashioned chocolates is something I do not take for granted.

This is a normal amount to purchase for a little snack, right?  Right.
I had just eaten about 3 chocolate bars, so I was able to get it all home  in tact.
Li-Lac does a lot of things well.  On this trip I got a delicious marzipan acorn, a hazelnut roll, and three chunks of chocolate breakaway.

Everything Li-Lac sells is really excellent, and -- as I love to hammer home as a plus -- their chocolate chunks are super chocolatey.  But the real standout is surprisingly the hazelnut roll (also available in bar form).

Generally, I don't like nuts in chocolate, because I think they screw up the texture.  I hate the combination of peanut butter and chocolate.  But the hazelnut-chocolate combination, when a uniform texture, I admit to being a guilty pleasure.  I might not be as obsessed with Nutella as the rest of the world, but it's great, and I am probably more obsessed with those Guylian shells than anyone.  These hazelnut rolls taste like high class Guylians.  They are just delicious, blending chocolate and hazelnut perfectly.

Bottom Line:  A must for Nutella/hazelnut/ferraro lovers, and very highly recommended for everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment