Sunday, December 9, 2012

Chocolate Mint Iced Tea at Argo Tea

I have been traveling a lot recently, creating a huge backlog of posts (from exotic locations).  If things have been a bit slow on my end, it's because I have had almost no time in front of a computer.


so unassuming!  i barely made a single assumption!

I have, though, spent a lot of time at airports.  While at one, I got this chocolate mint iced black tea from Argo.  I honestly wasn't expecting much, as chocolate teas usually disappoints me.  Surprisingly, this was great and just what I was looking for.  It was the perfect blend of chocolate, tea, and mint.

Bottom Line: The first time I've had real tea that was actually chocolatey.  If you are in the mood for both chocolate and tea, seek this out.

Additional note from Leila: I have been a fan of the chocolate mint tea at Argo since senior year of college; in fact, it is how I first started teaching myself to drink tea.

This beverage is a mug filled halfway with hot chocolate, and then the other half is mint tea. So it has the benefits of being a mint hot chocolate, while still having the lightness of tea. Once I learned I could enjoy this, I started making it myself, slowly cutting back on the amount of hot chocolate and increasing the amount of mint tea until I was drinking just a straight cup of mint tea.

My one caution here is that it's very sweet. That's not necessarily a bad thing. Just wanted you to be aware.

No comments:

Post a Comment