Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Chocolate Crisis

Today I was a Chocolate Hero.

Here's what happened:

I was at the kitchenette in my office when I overheard a co-worker cry, "Oh, no."

I turned around to see her standing by the vending machine. Here is what had happened inside the vending machine:



Now, I can't think of many things worse than paying for chocolate, believing you are about to eat chocolate, and then not eating chocolate. "I guess this is a sign," my co-worker said, "that I shouldn't eat M&Ms."

I was like, "Damn right. It's a sign you should eat something better than M&Ms."

I made her come with me to my office, and then I opened up the chocolate drawer. The chocolate drawer in my desk is pretty big, and filled to overflowing. I was so upset by what my co-worker had been through that I offered her everything. I offered her my Chocolove Orange bar. I offered her my fancy Amedei I Cru napolitains. I even considered offering her some of my Zaabar mint bar, but I'm not that heroic.

Eventually she settled on some Thin Mints. She was like, "You have a lot of chocolate in here." I was like, "I know."

BOTTOM LINE: The workplace is full of dangers and disappointments. That is why we keep chocolate drawers.

No comments:

Post a Comment