Thursday, May 2, 2013

Chocolate Bread from Le Pain Quotidien

As you may recall, I've had some bad experiences with chocolate bread. But I'll try anything twice-- sort of-- I mean, if that anything is chocolate, then yes.

Le Pain Quotidien is a multinational French/healthy/natural/organic(?)/bakery place. It's like the healthy, sit-down cousin of Au Bon Pain. Their hot chocolate is pretty good, but when I was there recently, I decided to branch out and order their chocolate bread.



As you can tell, Le Pain Quotidien's chocolate bread came with cream and jam, as if it were a scone. Delightful. The chocolate chips in it were a little melty and quite lovely. But there weren't enough of them. There was a lot of bread that was brown-colored, so I guess it had some cocoa powder mixed into it or whatever, but it did not taste very chocolatey. It mostly just tasted like bread, unless you bit into a part with a chocolate chip in it.

BOTTOM LINE: If you're looking for breakfast, this chocolate bread is a good option. If you're looking for chocolate, I think you will find this insufficient. It's okay. Just go eat a chocolate bar.

5 comments:

  1. Have you ever been to "when pigs fly" in Boston? I am a huge fan of their chocolate bread...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have been three times, and they were sold out every time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some in the ny freezer... tasting soon plan!

    ReplyDelete