Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Moonstruck Chocolates, E. Guitard 91% Bar

Remember how I have good friends?  Well that's still true.  One of these wonderful human beings was in the Pacific Northwest and brought me back some spoils.  I had specifically requested to try Moonstruck Chocolates, from Portland:  


They did not disappoint.  The chocolate mousse bonbon was particularly exceptional, but all were quite nice.

My friend also picked up an E. Guittard 91% bar.  


I had skipped Guittard on my San Francisco trip, because they are sufficiently available in NYC.  I have always thought Guittard perfectly serviceable but nothing special.  This bar had the advantage of being at my favorite percentage, so I quite enjoyed it, but among 91% bars it pretty much fit the Guittard mold.  


They do a nice job.  It's not too fancy, and it doesn't have any weird, unpleasant tastes, but they don't get the super-rich chocolatey flavor that the best bars do.  Overall a nice experience, but if you are in the market for a 90% bar, I might recommend Dolceria Bonajuto.

Bottom Line: I am still in favor of having friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment