Monday, August 12, 2013

City Bakery Cookies Redux

Leila does not like City Bakery cookies.  I have gone on record as loving their melted chocolate cookie.  But I finally got around to reviewing their regular chocolate chip cookies:


They are good.  The problem is that they are crispy.  I think gooey is the more preferred option.  Especially because if your cookie is crispy that definitely means there is not enough chocolate in them.  There was not enough chocolate in these.  But there was still more chocolate in them then average, and that chocolate was really great.  So I actually think these are decent chocolate chip cookies for a chocolate lover, though maybe they are not the best cookies for a cookie lover.

I also received some of the vegan chocolate chip cookies:


The real problem here was that there was less chocolate.  I don't know why that happened.  I'd've done the opposite, since probably the cookie part is harder to make.  But maybe they had problems getting it to stick together with lots of chocolate and no egg.  In any case, these were actually not bad, but definitely not as good as the non-vegan version.

Bottom Line: Good cookies for a chocolate lover, but room for improvement in that there should still be more chocolate.

1 comment:

  1. I still can't wrap my head around how their melted chocolate cookie can be so good when their normal chocolate chip cookies is so... yeah, crispy. Why is that?

    ReplyDelete