Saturday, September 7, 2013

Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Almonds

Is there nothing Trader Joe's can't do? You already know my feelings regarding their chocolate-covered peanut butter-filled pretzels. Turns out their dark chocolate almonds are every bit as amazing.



As you can see on the packaging, these bite-sized babies are sprinkled with sea salt and turbinado sugar, and that makes them highly, highly addictive. As I sit here writing about them, I just want to keep eating them, but I have already eaten about a dozen tonight, plus it's past midnight, so I know I shouldn't. But I want to.

Chocolate-covered almonds are one of those foods that can really run the gamut. Some are very good. Some are waxy and kind of gross. These ones are spectacular.

BOTTOM LINE: Trader Joe's comes through on the chocolate front once again.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent recommendation. Also I just ran across this and I thought with some really high-qual chocolate it might be AMAZING (esp for our vegan friend): From Bittman obviously

    Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything about it sounds amazing except the tofu. I just can't not think of tofu as a savory food. I guess that is just my personal failing.

      Delete
    2. ew chili. as much as i love sweet tofu, this is all yours, leila

      Delete