Thursday, February 7, 2013

Hammond's More S'Mores

As you know by now, I love s'mores, so it should come as no surprise that I love the idea of this Hammond's s'mores bar.


Unfortunately, it's better in marketing copy than it is in reality. I've had some s'mores candy bars that I've really enjoyed before, though obviously it is an inherent challenge to try to replicate the taste of a warm, melty dessert in a pre-packaged bar, so some allowances must be made.

Hammond's take on the s'more bar includes of milk chocolate of a fine quality, but I am not a milk chocolate fan. There's a little bit of marshmallow fluff-like substance in the center of each square, but not enough to make a big taste impact. I could not identify any graham crackers in here, so even if they were hiding somewhere, they were not substantial enough to add to the bar's texture.

This Hammond's More S'mores bar is candy. Which is nothing to be ashamed of. It's just not serious chocolate, that's all.

BOTTOM LINE: For really excellent s'mores flavor, I would look first to the Liddabit Sweets s'mores bar. Or, frankly, I would just build a fire and eat a real-life s'more.

No comments:

Post a Comment