Thursday, February 28, 2013

Talenti gelato

What is the best pre-packaged ice cream available in supermarkets? I have given this matter a lot of careful consideration, and I have reached an answer: Talenti Gelato.



Their double dark chocolate is so goddamn good. Here's how their promotional copy describes it: "Semisweet Belgian Callebaut chocolate morsels are united with dark chocolate gelato and a splash of vermouth."

It's shocking to me that Talenti comes pre-packed, because it's creamier, richer, smoother, and more flavorful than many of the handmade ice creams I've tasted. What is less shocking is its high pricepoint. I got a pint for $6.99 last week, but previously I've paid close to $10 for it. What can I say? It's worth it.

BOTTOM LINE: In my opinion, the best grocery store ice cream on the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment